Welcome to the RE podcast we are the hosts Steven Rick and Tim Elliott
In this episode, we talk about Branding
Branding is often associated with a logo or colours e.g. the aesthetics and the style. This is wrong!
People often have this definition of a brand because this is the base that marketers use to market a company's product. So in this episode, we reinvent the image of what a brand actually means so we can focus on those parts while creating a brand.
A Brand are the pieces that connect people to the company, like when we connect to a person. We connect with them for their character. Brand is the face that we identify with.
BX > EX > CX - Brand experience before employee experience before customer experience
- Ratings need to be correct because humans like the middle. It’s a safe ground and that's what most people want to answer safety.
- Most people associate the word brand with the logo the colours it’s because it’s the marketer’s definition of what a brand is and not the actual meaning of a brand.
- Brand is the things that connect people to the company, like when we connect to a person. We connect with them for their character.
- There is a category and then there is also an umbrella factor-like every black drink we see we call it Coca-Cola that's why under the umbrella of soft drinks it is the king. Similarly under hard alcohol, many would associate whisky to Jack Daniels.
- Coca-Cola brand unpicking
- When the customer looses trust in the company it is very difficult to get them back
- The brand should be able to drive your employees internally
- Gen z and millennials want to work for companies that have a purpose and brand value and want to go with brands that resonate with people.
- How did you treat your staff during COVID 19- the most asked questions by new joining people after COVID
Quote " Great brands give people to something to buy into and not just buy from"
01:45- Airbrideges and the Traffic light system
02:50 - Rating rule
04:00 - what does brand mean?
07:30 - Stop focusing on the customer
10:08- Pepsi vs Coke
12:45 - Brand loyalty and association
18:00 - Common denominators
24:00 - Storytelling to make people understand
36:00 - Combatting negative association
40:00 - Gen Z methods
43:30 - Good Branding & Bad Branding